World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit 3x Manufacturing Assistant Project Managers on an initial 6 month contract.
The department are looking for candidates with some experience of working within the Defence or Aerospace industry. Primavera experience would be great but not essential.
Contract Duration: 2 Years
Hourly Rate: the department are offering competitive hourly rates
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
Manufacturing Assistant Project Manager
* An Assistant Project Manager is required to work within an outstanding organisation on unique and exciting projects.
* Working with the Manufacturing project teams in delivering development and production hardware and bespoke test equipment throughout the product life-cycles for an outstanding organisation recognised as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For 2017.
* Due to growing business demands we are seeking an experienced Assistant Project Manager to work within a multi- disciplined Manufacturing Team at Stevenage, across multiple projects to deliver several Manufacturing development and series production contracts.
* Providing cross-functional support to development and large scale production contracts, to schedule, cost and quality.
* Prepare and maintain accurate progress reporting against all aspects of project performance.
* Develop and maintain key relationships with internal cross-functional customers and key sub-contractors.
* Assist in tendering/bidding activities associated with new and follow on UK and Export contracts.
* Identifying project risks, the preparation and continuous maintenance of these risks including opportunity plans and budget management.
Skills and Experience:
* Proven Project Management expertise in a manufacturing/precision engineer/armed forces or relatable environment.
* Experience planning, facilitating and providing project management support associated with high technology products to schedule, cost and quality.
* Ability to prepare and maintain accurate reports on project performance.
* Numerate and confident with basic mathematics.
* Computer literacy - knowledge of MS packages.
* Experience in tendering & bidding preparation.
* Experience with New Product Introduction would be an advantage.
* Knowledge with SAP materials management system preferred but not essential
* Knowledge of Primavera 6 planning tool is preferred but not essential.
* Expertise in risk and opportunity management, including budget management experience is beneficial.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.