World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a Supplier Evaluation and Development Officer on an initial 6 month contract.
The department are looking for a candidate with some experience ideally of working within the defence or Aerospace as an Assistant Project Manager - not a manufacturing or production manager.
Contract Duration: 6 months (initially and then ongoing thereafter)
Hourly Rate: the department are offering competitive hourly rates
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
Supplier Evaluation & Development Officer Job Description:
The ISP organisation is responsible for procuring direct and indirect products and services and ensuring a performing supply chain for both projects and the business. Total spend approximately €500M per year across UK, France and Italy. Contract position is required in the YK Mechanical team for a supply chain Officer; managing the company Industrial Policy and Supply chain management approach.
* Working with multifunctional teams to develop and implement UK sourcing and management strategies for various Mechanical categories
* Manage the performance of the suppliers in the categories
* Collection and analysis of risk intelligence and the prevention and treatment of risk through the supply chain
* Collection and analysis of supplier performance and the trends
* Identify, implement and manage improvement plans
* Championing a continuous improvement philosophy within the Company and with the suppliers
As a Supply chain Officer you will be driving towards achieving a vision of "Creating and enabling the conditions to shape the best performing and sustainable supply base capable of supporting global leadership. You will be working in a fast-paced, multi-national, energetic team who strive for personal and professional excellence.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.