Operations Director / COO - IT Managed Services
Location: City, Bristol
Job Category: Array
Job ID: 1521586
Employment Type: Array
Salary: per year
This company is the leading provider of Managed IT Services to the small/medium company/not-for-profit sector in South West England and South Wales. It has won an independently audited, global award for the last 6 years running. Strategically, it is time to expand their unique service methodology to customers across the UK. In order to achieve this objective they require an Operations Director/COO to prepare the Company to successfully scale-up. Experience of managing at a high level and/or directing the delivery of IT services is essential. You must be 'process-driven' and a real people motivator.
The COO is directly responsible for the Company's service departments. In this position, the COO drives client satisfaction and team efficiency by ensuring all business metrics are addressed appropriately. This is achieved by hosting on-going meetings with the technical teams, refining processes to improve service delivery, monitoring & managing key business metrics, and managing the development of the service teams skill-sets. The COO will work closely with the teams and the Board of Directors and management team to ensure all business goals are being met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As the COO, you will be responsible for the successfully on-boarding of new clients, and delivery of their unique service methodology via the reactive & centralized services departments, client technology analysts and virtual IT Directors. You will also be responsible for the professional services team. Your success will be measured on client satisfaction & efficacy metrics, and hitting gross margin targets:
- Ensure exceptional client satisfaction is consistently delivered and maintained
- Lead the implementation of overall Technical Service strategies, objectives and metrics while focusing on improving efficiency and automation.
- Drive the highest levels of performance from each team member through coaching, training, mentoring, and performance metrics.
- Serve as the ultimate escalation point for technical support issues.
- Improve process for management reporting of key technical support metrics and implement a targeted training development program for all technical services team members.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently followed and updated as necessary
- Host daily team meetings to review, prioritize and reassign service requests
- Light Project Management of projects performed by professional services team
- Control daily/weekly service/project meetings
- Ensure the team responds to after hours calls and emergencies quickly and efficiently
Reporting Relationship: CEO
- Full Medical Insurance (Inc, spouse)
- Death in Service Insurance (x6 times annual salary)
- Employment Disability Insurance.
- Company Car
- Mobile phone
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday
Start date: ASAP