Teacher / Tutor (English & Mathematics)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Job Category: Array
Job ID: 1521415
Employment Type: Array
Salary: per year
LOCATION: Corby, Northamptonshire
JOB TITLE: English & Mathematics Tutor/Teacher (Young people)
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary range £20,000.00 - £24,000.00 dependent upon experience & qualifications
WORKING HOURS: Full time-Monday to Friday- and Term Time Only is negotiable.
THE COMPANY: Our client is a registered charity and voluntary sector training provider and a 'not for profit' organisation that has supported the training of young people and adults, and are currently looking for an English & Mathematics Tutor to work at there Academy based in Corby
THE ROLE: - English & Mathematics Tutor/Teacher (Young people)- Corby, Northamptonshire
Working with young people aged 14-19, the English & Mathematics Tutor will demonstrate a wide experience and understanding of the delivery of functional skills and or GCSE, curriculum innovation, curriculum strategies and experience of delivering English or Mathematics at a range of levels- Training is available to the successful applicant to QTS level.
Key Responsibilities to include: - English & Mathematics Tutor/Teacher (Young people)- Corby, Northamptonshire
• Deliver functional skills and GCSE in line with the core curriculum to meet individual needs
• Develop and adapt resources to suit individual learner requirements
• Set assignments to progress the individual, monitoring, and reviewing these targets against their agreed learning plan
• Prepare lesson plans, schemes of work, developing the curriculum offer, working with small groups and working on a one to one basis
• Use interactive resources and innovation to engage, stimulate, motivate and challenge individuals to meet their agreed English & Mathematics targets
• Monitor attendance of learners on the provision liaising with other personnel where applicable
• Maintain documentation systems relevant to the progress of the individual ensuring reviews and learning plan accurately reflect learner targets, reviews and progression
• Attend and contribute to monthly team, curriculum and standardisation meetings
• Maintain confidentiality at all times and ensure that company information is not disclosed to third parties
• Undertake ad hoc duties as may be required by senior management commensurate with the grade of the position held
Candidate- English & Mathematics Tutor/Teacher (Young people)- Corby, Northamptonshire
The successful applicant will demonstrate a wide experience and understanding of the delivery of functional skills, curriculum innovation, curriculum strategies and experience of delivering English or Mathematics at a range of levels. Training is available to the successful applicant to QTS level.
Key experience for the role: English & Mathematics Tutor- Corby, Northamptonshire
• Teaching qualification(CertEd, PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification)
• Level 5 Subject Specialist Qualification (English or Mathematics)
• Experience( paid or voluntary) of 14-19 teaching, in Functional skills( GSCE Maths & English skills essential)
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Computer literate
• A full UK Driving Licence and access to your own transport is desirable but not essential
All applications are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
CLOSING DATE 25th August 2017
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.