Business Development Manager (Road Freight Specialist)
Are you an experienced Business Development Manager from a ROAD FREIGHT background? Our client in Essex is seeking to immediately appoint a specialist Business Development Manager from a specialist ROAD FREIGHT sales background.
Applications from candidates based in the Midlands, South East and South West of England are welcome.
As part of their strategic plans to expand their existing business we are looking for a high calibre and ambitious sales candidate/s with International Freight Forwarding but specifically European Road freight experience, who will help to grow the business through identifying and bringing on board new clients and retaining/growing existing clients.
The role is based in North Essex - but will require travel within the UK. The successful candidate will have:
- Strong Interpersonal and self-motivated with a passion to succeed
- Possess great drive, enthusiasm, willingness and a "can do" attitude
- Methodical, tactical negotiation and sales skills
- Excellent relationship builder with the ability to create own leads, follow up/appointments
- Ability to create and deliver business proposals, presentations and agreements
- Ability to maintain existing business and have a proven pipeline of established business
- Good understanding of Freight rates and strong geographical knowledge
- Ability to convert quick wins and foster new client relationships
- Good Analytical and IT/Microsoft Office